Carrom is an exciting game that is played in India and also the neighboring countries of India. It is a board game that requires you to use skill, strategy and mental alertness to win.
Additionally Find: Best Cricket Kits In India
The game can be played by individuals or by teams of two or more people. This game has been around for more than five centuries. It is one of the most popular indoor games and has the ability to test the skills of players who are interested in playing it.
Additionally Find: Best Badminton Rackets In India
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best carrom boards available in India. The boards are not only made from good quality material but also have a good surface to play on.
We also included a buying guide & some frequently asked questions from the users of these boards. We hope you enjoy this article and find it helpful.
Here’s The List Of The Best Carrom Boards In India
|Best Carrom Boards In India||Pocket shape||Material||Weight||Price (Approx)||Buy Now|
|KORNERS Sky Champ 35 Inch Carrom Board||Round||Assam Plywood||10 KG||3500/-||View On Amazon|
|GSI 26 Inch Carrom Board||Round||Assam Plywood||5 KG||900/-||View On Amazon|
|KORNERS 32 Inch Carrom Board||Cut||Assam Plywood||8 KG||1600/-||View On Amazon|
|KD 35 Inch AAR-Kay Carrom Board||Round||Birch Wood||25 KG||11000-16000/-||View On Amazon|
|SMT 32 Inch Carrom Board||Round||Assam Plywood||7 KG||1500/-||View On Amazon|
KORNERS Sky Champ 35 Inch Carrom Board
The KORNERS 35 inch Carrom board is perfect for playing in your backyard, indoors or even outdoors. The frame is made up of hardwood and the surface is made from plywood. The durable Striker is a perfect add-on to the package.
The board has been leveled to make it extremely flat and the border is made of hardwood. The frame is light in weight, making it easy to carry around. The playing surface is 29 inches by 29 inches.
The board has been coated with a matte wood finish so that the carrom balls do not get stuck to the surface and provide a smooth playing experience.
- The carrom board has a flat surface.
- The border is made of hardwood.
- The playing surface is 29 inches by 29 inches.
- The board has been coated with a matte wood finish.
- It can be easily transported.
- The board is prone to warping.
GSI 26 Inch Carrom Board
The GSI Shiny Gloss Finish Carrom Board is a high quality product manufactured in India. It is made of fine quality exclusive material and is packed in a cardboard box. It is available in three sizes – Medium, Large & Extra Large.
The GSI Shiny Gloss Finish Carrom Board has a size of 26 x 26 inch. The board is made up of Assam plywood and the smooth playing surface has been treated with GSI Supreme Round striker and boric powder. The board also has a frame of Kikar wood and soft cotton pockets.
- The board has a sturdy frame and is well built.
- The board has a smooth playing surface.
- The board comes with a set of 24 coins, GSI Supreme Round striker and boric powder.
- The board has a gloss finish and looks attractive.
- The board is lightweight and compact.
- The board comes with a free stand.
- The board does not come with a dust cover.
KORNERS 32 Inch Carrom Board
The KORNERS 32 Inch Carrom Board is a very sturdy board. Though the board is a bit heavy, it has a very detailed design. The border is made of kikar wood, which is durable and solid.
The back is made of plywood, which is also very sturdy. The playing surface is made of 3 mm thick plywood, which is smooth. The board is 32 inches in length and 32 inches in width.
The playing surface is 29 inches by 29 inches. It has a solid wood frame and is sturdy. It has an attractive brown colour and a beige colour border.
This carrom board is best suited for home use. The border is made of kikar wood. The frame is made of solid wood. The playing surface is made of plywood. The playing surface of the carrom board is smooth.
- The board is 32 inches in length and 32 inches in width.
- The frame is made of wood.
- The border is made of kikar wood.
- The playing surface is made of plywood.
- The board is available at an affordable price.
- The board is heavy.
KD 35 Inch AAR-Kay Carrom Board
The KD 35 Inch AAR-Kay Carrom Board is a full size carrom board as per the international rules and regulations.
The board is supplied with a complete set of coins, a carrom striker and a carrom powder bottle for convenient playing. The board has 5×2 inch border with 2x ply thickness for sturdy, flat surface and excellent life.
The carrom board comes with a back support of heavy duty. The board is available in black color and has a 29 x 29 inches playing area without borders.
- The carrom board is available in black color.
- The board has excellent rebound.
- The board has heavy back support.
- The board is available in 29 x 29 inches playing area without border
- The carrom board is heavy to carry around.
SMT 32 Inch Carrom Board
The Carrom board is made of Assam plywood board for the playing surface and hardwood (kikar) borders. It ensures a superior look and feel of your board to ensure years of fun at family gatherings and holidays.
The Carrom board is beautifully crafted out of plywood and hand painted, making it a smooth playing surface. It contains four wooden borders measuring 1.5” wide, for superb rebound play, which is a key aspect of carrom.
The carrom board is made of pinewood and frame: measures 32”x32”, Playing surface- 29”x29” and includes 10 black wooden coins, 10 beige wooden coins and 2 red queen coins and one striker as well as carom powder. The board is perfect for family and friends for casual play.
The Carrom board is from the house of SMT (Sports & More Trading). The Carrom board is a classic carrom board with the size of 32 Inch and the size of the playing surface is 29 Inch.
- The board is light in weight and easy to carry.
- Black and white Carrom coins are provided with the board.
- The carrom board can be very easily adjusted.
- The board is very smooth.
- The carrom board has a provision of a pin on which the striker can be kept.
- The board is sturdy and it does not break easily.
- The board does not have any option to adjust the height of the board.
Buyer’s Guide-Best Carrom Boards In India
When you are buying a carrom board, there are some things that you must check. Before you go and buy a board for yourself, here are some of the things that you must check:
There are three different sizes of carrom boards that you can buy in India. The two most popular sizes are the regular and the small sized boards. The regular sized board is used mostly for an individual and is close to one feet wide and about two feet long. The small sized board is used for making a team of two or more people play this game. The small sized boards are usually about 30 x 15 inches.
The frame of the carrom board is considered to be a very important part of the board. A good carrom board must have a good frame that is made of wood. The best wood to be used for making the frame of a carrom board is teak wood. The wood used for making the frame must be smooth and it should not have any knots so that it can be easily handled by the player while playing this game.
Most carrom boards available in India have their surfaces made of either plastic or mahogany. These surfaces are good enough for playing this game. However, if you want to play this game in a more professional manner, it might be good to buy a carrom board with a surface made of teak wood.
4. Branded boards:
There are many brands of carrom boards available in India and most of them make good quality boards which are priced reasonably. However, if you want to buy the best carrom board in India, you must go for a branded one.
The price for any carrom board depends on its size, the material used for making its surface, the material used for making its frame, whether it is branded or not and whether it has any extra features or not. You can buy a branded carrom board with a mahogany surface made of teak wood for about 1000 rupees.
Frequently Ask Questions-Best Carrom Boards In India
Q1. How many people can play this game?
Ans: You can play this game with one or more people at a time. If you want to play it with more than two people, it can be played by making teams of 2 or more people each.
Q2. What are the different ways in which this game can be played?
Ans: This game can be played in 3 different ways which are as follows:
1) Individual competition – In this mode of playing, one person plays the game against another person. This is a mode of playing that is mostly preferred by players who want to test their skills on their own against someone else.
2) Team competition – In this mode of playing, two or more people form two teams and compete against each other to win the game.
3) Partner competition – This mode of playing involves two people each playing against their own partner.
Q3. What are the different rules and regulations for playing this game?
Ans: The rules and regulations for playing this game are pretty simple and easy to understand. The rules that apply to this game are as follows:
1) Each player has to choose their own tokens on their respective sides of the board before starting the game.
2) It is mandatory for players to throw their token on the other side of the board so that they score points.
3) Points can be scored by hitting your opponent’s token or his/her area on the board.
4) Players have to score as many points as they can within the given time period (usually 15 minutes) given to them by their opponent before they lose any token on the board by being hit by their opponent’s token or any other token on the board except their own token that they have placed on their side of the board on their turn.
5) If a player loses all his/her tokens before they run out of time, he/she loses the game, but if they run out of time first, they lose the game too – irrespective of whether they have lost any tokens or not during the course of the game.
Q4. What is the material used for making a carrom board?
Ans: The surface of a carrom board is mostly made using plastic or mahogany wood while its frame is made using teak wood which is considered to be one of the best woods for making carrom boards in India.
Q5. What are some of the best brands of carrom boards available in India?
Ans: Some of the best brands of carrom boards available in India are as follows:
1) KD (This is the most preferred brand by carrom players in India)
2) Game King
7) Shree Brothers
Q6. What is the cost of a good quality carrom board in India?
Ans: The cost of a good quality carrom board can range from about 400 rupees to about 1200 rupees depending on the quality of the board, its size, whether it is branded or not and also whether it has any extra features or not.
A carrom board is a game that is liked by a large number of people in India and also the neighboring countries of India. This board game is played by both children and adults, especially when they have nothing else to do.
It requires you to use your skills and mental alertness to win the game. It is one of the most popular indoor games played not only in India but also in other countries that form part of India.
We believe that the above guide is enough to help you decide which carrom board to buy and how to buy it.