The advanced technologies has helped people in conveniently completing their household chores without facing any difficulty. However, managing your laundry after a single wash can be a challenging task. To tackle the issue of increasing wrinkles and crumpled portions in your clothes, people are willing to buy garment steamers. As this appliance is capable of providing easy work and better performance.
If you are searching a for a garment steamer, then this is the place for you! This article includes a rundown of the best garment steamers along with a buying guide, advantages, frequently asked questions, and more. Explore now!
How To Use A Garment Steamer?
- The first step for using a garment steamer should be using a proper hanger or pole to straighten out your clothes properly without adding extra creases to the fabric.
- Switch on your garment steamer according to the settings of the particular brand and get other clothes and arrangements done before starting the steaming.
- Start steaming your clothes by keeping a proper distance between the steamer and the garment, make sure you check the distance and do not cause any damage to the clothes.
- For better support for creases, cuffs, and collars, use your other hand to straighten that portion and steam properly. In these cases, a standing pole would be the best choice while steaming your clothes.
- The most important task is to keep your clothes straight and in the proper position to avoid crumpling and creases. Use the garment steamer properly and spray the steam all over the fabric for proper coverage.
Why Choose Garment Steamers?
- A handheld garment steamer is capable of steaming your clothes without contacting the fabric. With zero exertion and unique technique, every person can easily use a garment steamer.
- Garment steamers are gentle and safe on different types of fabrics. The hot steam boosted on the clothes can easily remove wrinkles from different fabrics like silk, satin, polyester, and more.
- Garment steamers are a fast way to freshen up your clothes than irons. The blow of steams makes it easy for the fabric to settle and not create wrinkles. Unlike iron, you don’t have to put extra pressure on clothes to strengthen.
- The portability of garment steamers is no match. These appliances come in compact sizes and occupy less space, that’s why you can use them while traveling from different places too.
- If you own lots of delicate fabric clothes, then it would be beneficial to get a garment steamer. The garment steamer avoids the harsh warm blow and treats your clothes gently. You can also adjust steam and temperature settings according to the fabric type.
Buying Guide To Purchase Best Handheld Garment Steamers
Steam Variable setting
Before selecting the best garment steamers, you must look for a useful set of steam variables. This setting is useful in managing the different amounts of steams according to a fabric and clothing type. A garment steamer must include different levels and types of steam, which can be adjusted according to the user’s needs.
If a garment steamer is not equipped with steam variable setting, then it can damage your favorite clothing. While looking for the best handheld garment steamers, look out for this setting precisely.
While using an iron or garment steamer, most of us come across the issue of rach of the garment steamer. If you are also facing a similar issue, then look for a garment steamer with a proper power cord. A long and durable cord will help a lot in managing the work and not worrying about the length. Decide a particular place to use the garment steamer and analyze how much length for the cord you require to properly steam your clothes. This method will help you in buying the perfect size of a power cord with a garment steamer.
Water tank capacity
The water tank capacity of a garment steamer plays an important role in determining the continuous steaming process for clothes. A water tank capacity helps in providing an adequate amount of water to the users, which can be used for a longer and a better time.
A portable garment steamer commonly offers almost 10 minutes of steaming. While searching for the garment steamers of your choice, don’t forget to check the water tank capacity to get uninterrupted steaming services.
Along with the water tank capacity, the working duration of a garment steamer also determines how long you can steam fabric and clothes. While looking for garment steamers, check how long can it steam and work for you.
Usually, some garment steamers are capable of working for almost 15 minutes, whereas, some can work more than that. If you frequently travel, then you must look for this factor while searching for the best garment steamers.
Automatic turn-off feature
An automatic turn-off feature is necessary for determining the life and working years of a garment steamer. While using a garment steamer for your clothes, it is possible that the steamer becomes dry and stops working. This feature is helpful as it will turn off the steamer once it gets dry.
In absence of automatic turn-off technology, the steamer can get damaged after getting dry. Search for those garment steamers which are equipped with automatic turn-off feature. It will help in a better experience and proper management of the steamer.
Suitable for different clothing materials
Similar to an iron’s fabric setting, most of the garment steamers also come with different settings according to various clothing materials. This feature is necessary to maintain the health and quality of fabric while using steam on it.
Most of the brands feature their garment steamers as a perfect choice for treating all clothing materials such as silk, cotton, nylon, and all. Don’t let these commercials fool you and always rectify and search for different temperature and fabric settings in a steamer. However, the best choice would be to search for steam controlling options in a garment steamer.
Here’s A List Of The Best Handheld Garment Steamers
Usha Techne Direct 1000-Watt Garment Steamer
Usha Techne Direct garment steamer is an effective appliance to remove wrinkles and other mess from your clothes. This device is capable of providing 21 gm/min of steam output with a single click. For an easy user interface, the steamer comes with a vertical steam facility using only a single button.
The steamer also comes with a detachable fabric brush with a facility of removing lint. Also, it equips with an overheat shutoff thermostat and indicator lamp for safety measures. Moreover, it includes a spray facility, steam burst, auto shut off, and several unique features.
The item comes with a warranty of two years and an ABS plastic body. It is available in two colors, purple with white and green with white. Also, you can buy it in three styles, pack of one, two, and three.
- User friendly handheld steamers for removing wrinkles
- Capable of removing stubborn creases and providing a crisp look
- Ergonomic design with high temperature settings
- Comes with automatic shut, steady steam flow and professional use features
Inalsa Steamax 1200-Watt Garment Steamer With Detachable Fabric and Steam Brush
Inalsa garment steamer is an efficient and durable appliance for keeping your fabric fresh and wrinkle-free. The steamer releases powerful 20g/min of steam to remove crumples from clothes and stubborn crease from different fabrics too. It also includes a big nozzle and a detachable fabric brush for quicker and efficient results.
For a user-friendly configuration, Inalsa’s handheld steamers offer a power indicator light that assists in managing settings of the water tank. It ensures a safety feature like dry boiling protection and over-heat protection. It has a vertical and horizontal steam design depending upon your need, however, each design is capable of removing powerful creases and crumples.
This powerful garment steamer is available in two styles, wattage 1200 W and 800 W. The dimensions of the item measure around 12.5 x 14.5 x 26 cm with a weight of 900 grams.
- Large water tank with portable steamer services
- Get rid and remove lint from your clothes with vertical steaming
- Perfect solution for pocket friendly and super easy garment steaming
ketmart 2 in 1 Plastic Electric Iron Portable Handheld Garment and Facial Steamer
ketmart is the most used and best steamer. The steamer comes with easy to use features while heating up within a minute. The heat and steam is safe and gentle on every type of fabric, from cotton, nylon to silk. Also, to ensure other safety measures, the steamer also comes with a safety shut-off protection that will turn off the steamer when the water level reduces or when the unit becomes extremely hot.
Coming to the different features offered by ketmart garment steamer, the appliance comes with easy-to-fill water tank with a convenient view from the water level window. Along with these features, the product includes spit-free and drip-free service with a heat up feature within 60 seconds. The dimensions of the item measure almost 23.7 x 20.5 x 11.5 cm with a weight of 670 grams.
- A travel friendly steam fabric steamer
- Provides powerful steam with best features
- Get best results within 30 seconds to 2 minutes
- Includes an automatic shut off protection
Black Decker Handheld Portable Garment Steamer 1500 Watts With Anti Calc
Black Decker is a handheld garment steamer with adjustable steam setting options according to different types of fabrics such as cotton, nylon, and others. The appliance also comes with a lockable steam button with an easy user interface. Also, the continuous steam output provides powerful steam that lasts for 21 gm per minute.
To maintain a longer product life, Black Decker has included anti calc feature with the steamer. The detachable water tank has a limit of almost 260 ml for a longer time to steam your clothes. The product is quite useful while traveling as it comes with a universal bottle adapter to assist you in comfortable usage. The product dimensions measure around 14 x 20.3 x 24.5 cm with a weight of 1.04 kilograms.
- Comes with a transparent water tank and elegant design
- Powerful enough to steam wrinkles with decent steaming
- Includes a removable water tank and compact steamer design
Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer GC523/60
Being one of the leading brands, Philips comes with the perfect models of garment steamers. This EasyTouch Plus garment steamer is capable of easily removing creases within a few minutes. The steamer also equips with the capability of killing bacteria by providing continuous steam delivery of almost 32g/min.
The Philips garment steamer is ideal for all types of fabrics such as heavily embroidered garments, designer wear, heavily-layered, jackets, kurtas, and much more. It also comes with different steam settings to manage creases from thicker garments too. The handheld garment steamer also comes with adjustable poles to hang your garments and steam them without any hassle.
- Powerful steam with handheld portable steamer service
- Fabric steamer comes with an adjustable pole and handheld steamer feature
- Also sanitizes and used for home use
In this article, we explored different information related to garment steamers. We included information related to a buying guide, some frequently asked questions, and a rundown of the best products for garment steamers. If you have questions relevant to any portion of this article, reach out to us and we will contact you soon.