Preparing a perfect and round rotis without facing any struggle sounds like a miracle. Yes, indeed, it takes weeks and months to master the skill of preparing a proper roti using traditional methods. However, people are keen on saving time and exertion by switching to more practical and modern methods. We are talking about getting rid of traditional methods and using roti makers instead.
From the past few years, people have managed to prepare themselves for using practical and electric appliances to make their everyday life easy. Well, the user interface and easy process have attracted most of the people who find it hard to cook and clean on a daily basis.
These kitchen appliances come with a nonstick material, an oil-free cooking process, and shockproof surfaces, which becomes easier for people to save on money, gas, and other things. However, searching for the best roti makers with unique features and affordable prices can be a challenging task, but don’t worry, we have lined out every detail for you.
In this article, explore a rundown of the best roti maker in India, along with other information such as how a roti maker works, a buying guide to select the perfect model, advantages of buying a roti maker, and much more.
Each portion of the article includes essential information with a proper analysis of each product. Explore the portions of pros, cons, and frequently answered questions to get a proper answer to some of the basic information and queries. Explore now!
What Is A Roti Maker And How It Works?
Roti maker is an electronic gadget, which allows you to cook roti without wasting time or energy. To use it properly, you need to place a dry flour patty in the given surface and close the upper portion, which applies pressure to make a roti. The structure of a roti maker consists of a flat surface to keep the flour patty and another upper portion to apply pressure.
The roti maker’s outer surface is non stick, which becomes useful for consumers as it won’t let your roti stick to the surface. The non stick material comes from the American non stick that is commonly used for covering different utensils and kadhai.
However, before using your roti maker, ensure that the flour you are using is not refined as it might harden your roti.
Types of Roti Maker
Electric Roti Maker
An electric roti maker is an appliance that comes with an electric presser. This appliance comprises two electrically heated hot plates, which help in pressing the flour dough and cook roti. Electric roti makers are commonly used in Indian households due to their reliability and easy user interface. Along with cooking roti, some of the models are also capable of making other Indian snacks and flatbreads such as khakras and parathas.
Automatic Roti Maker
An automatic roti maker is one of the most convenient types of roti makers for people. To use this electronic appliance, you need to add all necessary ingredients inside the machine and push a single button. After some time, your puffy and fresh roti will be ready to eat. Unlike an electric roti maker, an automatic roti maker will allow you to cook multiple rotis at once. Along with the production of multiple rotis, you can also prepare different kinds of bread with it.
Here’s A List Of The Best Roti Makers
|1. BAJAJ VACCO Go-Ezzee Roti Maker C-02 (Best Overall)|
|2. BigBuzz Heavy Quality Stainless Steel Roti Maker (Highest Rated)|
|3. VAMTEK Electric Roti Maker (Budget Choice)|
|4. Luxafare Roti Maker|
|5. ElectroSky Non Stick Teflon Coating Roti Maker|
BAJAJ VACCO Go-Ezzee Roti Maker C-02
BAJAJ VACCO’s Roti Maker has been crafted high-quality components of Teflon stick coated non stick aluminum, a tubular element, and a stainless steel body. This kitchen appliance also comes with ultra-safe features such as a shock proof body and heat resistant handles. Due to the presence of a high-quality ISI marked lead and 6 amp plug settings, you will get uniform heating which will make soft and perfect roti.
To ensure consumer-friendly services, the BAJAJ VACCO’s roti makers come with an automatic cut-off feature with indicator light. This feature will help you in pre-determining a fixed temperature, which turns ‘off’ once your product is ready. To handle the press, the roti maker also comes with a strong and heat-resisting ABS plastic cool-touch handle.
The dimensions of BAJAJ VACCO’s Tawa size measure around 20.26 cm or 8 inches, whereas, the box measures around 30.48 length x 22.86 breadth x 22.86 height.
- High quality outer body and power indicators
- Make soft, perfectly round and good roti
- Large tawa size of 8 inches
- No adjustable temperature control setting
- Use a little oil to make soft rotis
BigBuzz Heavy Quality Stainless Steel Roti Maker
BigBuzz Heavy Quality Stainless Steel body Roti Maker is the best roti maker offering the best heavy flattening and pressing services. The size of the roti maker comes with large size of almost 7 inches that can easily assist you in preparing small-sized and fluffy rotis. Make rotis with high quality and amazing features of stick coated roti makers.
The roti maker comes with easy to clean factors that are suitable for beginners. Also, the grip of the handle equips with non-slippery plastic to enhance optimum grip for better handling while cooking. Along with these features, this model includes an anti-slip sole that is responsible for maintaining the grip of the roti maker while pressing. The dimensions of the BigBuzz roti maker measure around 22 x 16 x 7 cm with a weight of 480 grams.
- Cooks compact size and perfect roti
- Hassle free roti making with an affordable price range
- Compact design and low power usage
- Make sure you check for voltage fluctuations and uniform heating
- No indicator light or temperature control knob
VAMTEK Electric Roti Maker
VAMTEK electric roti maker is a leading and best roti makers in India. This roti maker can be used in cooking several food items such as roti, khakra, papad, dosa, uttapam, and bread. To ensure zero mess while cooking, the roti maker includes non stick coated plate which will make sure that you get a healthy cooking experience too.
The roti maker offers a year of warranty along with these special features. The specs also include a dual element for uniform cooking and large size of tawa for a better experience. Moreover, to avoid head and electric accidents, the roti maker also includes an inbuilt thermostat along with a power indicator. The dimensions of the roti maker from VAMTEK measure around 24 x 21 x 15 cm with a weight of 900 grams.
- Chapati roti khakhra maker and kitchen appliance
- Make fluffy roti in a hassle free manner
- Uses high quality non stick, shock proof, and stainless steel body
- Cooks chapati roti within several minutes
- Use fresh dough with softer and sticker surface
- No temperature control knob and LED indicator
Luxafare Roti Maker
Luxafre Roti maker is a durable and reliable product to cook fresh and healthy rotis. Along with rotis, this roti maker is capable of preparing pooris, chapatis, and much more. With an easy user interface, you can easily clean and operate the machine without facing any difficulties.
The roti maker’s heavy base comes with anti skid features that will assist you in cooking without worrying about the slippery factors. However, it has been advised that you use a little amount of oil before cooking, as the dough won’t get sticky and you can cook freely. The diameter of tawa measures around 6.5 to 7 inches, which will help in creating small sized rotis. The dimensions of the item measures around 25 x15 x 15 with a weight of 2 kilograms.
- Make roti with long lasting and durable stainless steel
- Well known for durable body and cool handle
- Good roti maker for preparing delicious rotis in less time
- Prepare fresh dough to make delicious roti
- No stainless steel body and light indicator
- No oil free cooking for roti making
ElectroSky Non Stick Teflon Coating Roti Maker
If you are looking for a fast yet best roti maker, then ElectroSky Non Stick Teflon Coating roti maker is the perfect model for you! This roti maker is capable of cooking roti in less than a minute without using extra time, cooking oil, or gas. The dimensions of the item measures around 22 x 18 x 18 cm with a weight of 1.8 kilograms.
Along with these features, the roti maker also equips with a non stick cooking surface, which helps in less worries while washing and reducing weight too. For crispy and properly cooked rotis, the roti maker has been thermostatically controlled which helps in managing the heat and electric supply. Moreover, the roti maker equips with a stainless steel body and an extra heavy handle grip to manage multi-purpose cooking methods. With this purchase, you will get a manual guide and the roti maker.
- Make rotis with stick coated plate
- Roti chapati maker comes with non stick cooking surface
- No stainless steel and shock proof features
- No dual heating element and indicator lights
Buying Guide To Choose The Best Roti Maker
Making a roti and searching for the best roti maker, both can be a challenging task. Before buying any model for a roti maker, you must explore different factors of a roti maker, which would influence your decision majorly. Here, we have prepared a buying guide for you to choose the best roti maker. From Tawa material to the power consumed by a roti maker, there are several factors that you must look out for. Explore now.
Before buying the best roti maker, you need to decide a budget for it. Usually, the cost of a roti maker depends upon different features offered by the appliance. The features consists of size, tawa material, brand, model, temperature control, and much more. If you are looking for one wit numerous features and high-end service, brace yourself to pay a huge amount, however, if you are looking for a normal model, then you will get one in lower price.
However, it is commonly believed that the better you are willing to pay for a roti maker, the better model you will get, Cheaper models might give you a lowered quality of roti that will increase your struggle to pay for its repairing. Therefore, balance the quality and features of the roti maker before deciding your budget.
Size and Tawa Material
The size of the roti makers depends solely on how many family members are going to use the appliance. The consistent size and quality will help you in cooking rotis properly and without any hassle. Analyze the appetite and food preparation for your entire family and select the size of the roti maker accordingly. However, the most common size for Tawa measures around 8 to 10 inches.
Tawa or griddle material has to be of top-notch quality to get a proper meal. The most commonly used material is aluminum, which is also considered as a good distributor of heat. Along with this material, make sure that the surface is non stick as it will save you from using excessive oil on your flatbreads.
Temperature and Power Consumed
Temperature plays an important role in the quality cooking of a roti. Proper heat flow will make your roti to puff up and will cook it every portion properly. That’s why before buying the best roti maker, don’t forget to check the temperature settings offered by the roti maker model. To get the best results, most of the models come with a cooking surface providing heat for almost 218 degrees Celsius.
The power consumption by the roti maker is comparatively low than other electric appliances. Roti maker is also considered as one of the most economical appliances, as it helps you in avoiding using gas too. However, for a roti maker with 10 inch Tawa can consume almost 1000 watts.
- On/Off Light for Indicator – An indicator light is necessary to manage the heat offered by the roti maker. This can be considered as a safety feature, which will automatically turn off the device once the heat limit is reached.
- Shockproof body – While using a roti maker, you will observe that it consumes a particular amount of electricity to produce heat, in such cases, it is likely that an electric hazard might occur. While searching for the best roti maker, look out for the safety feature of a shockproof body.
- Non-heating handles lift – Along with other safety measures such as shockproof body and indicator light, a non-heating handle lift will also help in avoiding heat or electrical accidents.
- Adjustable temperature knob – An adjustable temperature knob is useful in managing the variation of temperatures while preparing roti. These three temperature variations are the most common and useful in managing everything.
Why Should You Buy A Roti Maker?
Buying the best roti maker can be beneficial for people as it saves you from the daily hassles of time and exertion. With a smart structure and proper functioning, a roti maker can be a good buy for you. Explore some of the reasons and advantages of buying a roti maker in this section of the article.
- The Roti maker is efficient in spreading proper heat on every portion of a roti. Proper distribution of heat helps in cooking a roti properly, which ensures that every ingredient has been cooked and you will not taste any taste of dry flour.
- A roti maker saves a lot of time. If you are one of the individuals who are always on a run and cannot take out much time to cook and prepare, then a roti maker would be an ideal choice to get nutritious food in a few minutes.
- We all are aware of how learning to make roti in a traditional way can take several weeks, months, and even years. With an easy user interface and less struggle, now you can prepare a roti with an electric roti maker.
- Due to the proper distribution of heat and pressure, the nutrients of the roti stay intact and you will get a proper thin roti too. It is necessary to keep your vitamins locked in a proper manner as it will keep you healthy too.
- Roti makers are considered as economical. These electronic appliances not only save gas but also consumes a minimum amount of electricity too. You can easily multitask by using a roti maker for cooking roti and a gas stove for preparing other dishes.
What Are The Advantages Of A Roti Maker?
- A roti maker is efficient in cooking a roti properly with even distribution of heat and no traces of dry flour.
- A roti maker saves a lot of time. If you look out for healthy food but don’t get much time to eat or enjoy, then a roti maker will be beneficial for you.
- It won’t take much time to cook and prepare roti, unlike a traditional method. You will hardly face any struggle in setting up the appliance and preparing a roti.
- Roti maker is commonly favored as it is known for preparing evenly cooked roti and keeping all nutrients intact. It is necessary to not over or under cook roti, which can be properly managed with the heating variations present in the roti maker.
- Roti makers are considered as a cheap purchase and economical buy. These devices save money for gas and consume less electricity.
How To Prepare The Puffed Up Roti Using Roti Maker?
A traditional Tawa is capable of preparing puffed up roti with a proper amount of heat and technique. However, if you are preparing puffed up roti using a roti maker, then you might have to wait according to the temperature settings. Analyze how long does it takes to cook the roti, once each side of the roti has been cooked, you can notice that the roti starts getting puffed up. To cook a proper roti, you must analyze different factors like the shape of the dough, temperature, time of cooking, and others.
How To Make Rotis In A Roti Maker?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making rotis in a roti maker –
- Prepare a fresh dough to make softer and stickier rotis, however, notice that the dough for roti maker stands out differently from a common one. Make it softer and use fresh flour before doughing.
- Once the dough is prepared, let the dough rest for half an hour or 1 hour before using it. After some time, prepare small dough balls and prepare your roti maker to make it hot.
- When the roti maker is heated, it will switch off, and it’s a signal for us to place the dough ball. Cover it in dry flour and place it on the roti maker.
- After placing the dough ball, close the top lid of the roti maker and press it with pressure for 1-2 seconds.
- Don’t press the lid longer than 2 seconds. Open the lid and you will notice that the roti would be flat and in proper shape. Turn the roti and cook each side for a few seconds and your roti will be ready to eat.
To conclude, we went through different portions of articles to understand and select the best roti maker. We included information related to what is a roti maker, how it works, a buying guide to purchase the best roti maker, advantages associated with it, and much more. In the rundown of the best roti maker, we included several brands and also added unique features of each model. Explore frequently asked questions to get some answers to the common questions.
If you have any queries related to a roti maker or this article, reach out to us. We are here to respond to your confusion and questions, connect with us through the comments section and we will get back shortly!