Best USB Car chargers are an important car accessory. Keeping your smartphone, tablet or any other portable device charged is crucial while driving long distances. There are many kinds of car chargers available in the market and it is important that you choose the best USB car charger for your device.
Additionally Find: Best Tyre Inflator In india
Why do I need a USB Car Charger?
There are many reasons why you need to have a USB car charger. The most obvious reason is to charge your device while you are on the go.
There are many USB car chargers available in the market which can charge your phone from the cigarette lighter in your car. It is very important to get a reliable USB car charger because if your device gets discharged while driving, it will not be safe for you or others around you.
Additionally Find: Best Car Coaxial speakers
Another important reason why you should get a USB car charger is that you can use it for emergency situations as well. If your device gets discharged and you need to contact someone urgently, you can use the USB car charger to charge your device and make a call while on the go.
In fact, there have been several instances where there have been accidents due to people who were using their phones while driving and got distracted and did not notice the road properly.
Therefore, you should always keep your devices charged so that if there is an emergency, you can use them quickly without any hassles.
In this article, we enlisted the 10 best USB Car Chargers in India with a buying guide that will help you to select the best one for your car.
Here’s The List of the Best USB car Chargers In India
boAt Dual Port Rapid Car Charger
1) The first thing you’ll notice about this charger is the build quality , it’s built like a tank.
2) Then comes the cable , it’s very thick and sturdy , also braided, and the best part is that it’s red in colour.
3) They have used a car charger that supports Qualcomm’s fast charging tech , which means that this charger is capable of delivering high current to your device, and thus charge it faster than normal chargers.
4) This charger also has a USB A port that does not support Qualcomm’s fast charging tech , with a 1.5 amp current rating.
5) Overall , this is a pretty good car charger from Zoss.
6) This charger retails for Rs. 499 on their website.
CRUST Wireless FM Fast Charger
1) Dual Port Fast Charger for 2 devices.
2) Good built quality and doesn’t feel cheap at all. The best thing is that the product has a 3 year warranty.
3) Best feature is that you can stream music and calls directly from your Bluetooth device or USB Disk to your Car FM stereo system.
4) It comes with 2 USB charging ports (QC3.0 + 5V/1A) for charging 2 devices simultaneously.
5) Equipped with Qualcomm QC3.0 which is 4 times faster than normal Chargers and 38% More Efficient than QC 2.0.
6) One more awesome feature is that it displays Car Battery Voltage & alerts if voltage is abnormal.
7) Comes with a total of 3 ports. 1 USB charging port, 1 FM port and 1 Car charger port.
8) The product comes with a total of 3 ports. 2 USB charging ports (QC3.0 + 5V/1A) and 1 FM port. You can charge two devices simultaneously and it also supports FM mode where you can play your music via Bluetooth or USB Disk. It is very easy to use and it also shows the Car battery voltage for better monitoring.
9) The charging speed is really good compared to other normal chargers and other fast chargers in the market.
10) Overall a great value for money product with all the features mentioned above, especially for people who travel a lot on road trips or long drives.
Tewtross Dual USB Charger
1) The TEWTROSS Dual USB Car Charger is a compact yet powerful car charger that delivers high-performance charging for any USB-powered device.
It comes with a power on/off switch plus a flexible neck extension for a convenient viewing angle. A compact model which is without a Flexi neck is also available.
2) It is a dual USB charger that comes with two output ports—one of them is equipped with 5V/1A output for smartphones and 5V/2.1A output for tablets and other big power consuming devices. You can charge two devices simultaneously with this car charger.
3) The dual USB car charger comes with an LED indicator light which glows when the car charger is connected to the power outlet in your car or when the device is charging. The LED will turn off when your devices are fully charged. It works well with no need to worry about short circuit, over-heating or over-current protection.
4) The car charger comes with a smart IC chip which prevents overcharging and overheating, making it safe and reliable to use. And of course, it comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
5) It’s a great buy for its price, can be used as an emergency charger and also as a travel charger.
Anker FBA_A2311011 A2311011 Car Charger
1) Sporting a design akin to power banks, this portable charger from Anker is one of the smallest we have reviewed in this space.
2) The charger comes with a capacity of 5200mAh, which is more than enough to charge your smartphone to full capacity at once.
3) The charger has two USB ports on its sides with one of them sporting Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging technology for compatible devices.
4) This helps in charging compatible devices up to 80% faster than most other chargers available in the market.
5) The Anker Astro E1 Portable Charger also comes with built-in circuitry and safeguards which protect your devices against over-charging and over-currents.
6) A capacity gauge is also provided by the company to show you how much charge remains in the battery at any point in time.
7) The charger also comes with a warranty of 18 months from the company which is pretty good for a product in this segment.
Mivi CC248 4.8A Car Charger
1) This car charger is among the best you can get if you are looking for a durable, long-lasting and efficient device. Although it looks like a standard car charger on the outside, the inside has a lot of things that make it one of the best devices in its segment. Its metal body not only makes it quite durable but also makes it resistant to any kind of wear and tear. For this reason, you can expect that it will last for a long time.
2) The body of this car charger is also scratch-resistant so you don’t have to worry about minor scratches.
3) The company has provided two USB ports in this car charger; each port offering 2.4A of output, so you can charge two devices at once.
4) It can automatically detect the connected device and charge it at the maximum supported speed. Moreover, it comes included with a warranty that lasts for a year.
Anker PowerDrive+ 2 AK-A2224011 Car Charger
1) Take your phone charging with you on the road with the Anker PowerDrive 2 car charger. This USB car charger has two ports, each of which can output a maximum current of 4 Amps, making it possible for you to charge two devices simultaneously. The charger is compatible with both smartphones and tablets that use micro USB ports
2) It is compatible with Apple devices, thanks to its Apple-certified MFI chip. It also has Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology, which makes it possible for you to charge your devices with QC-compatible batteries at high speed. It is capable of charging an iPhone 6s almost twice and Galaxy S6 four times faster than their regular charging speed
3) The charger comes in a compact and discrete design which blends well with most car interiors. It also comes with a 1-meter long cable, which makes it easy to reach for phones or tablets that are placed in the back of a car. The device sports protective features such as overcharging and overheating protection, short circuit prevention, as well as power surges.
Qbix Qualcomm Quick Charge Car Charger
1) The car charger comes with a built-in smart chip which automatically adjusts the charging speed according to the requirements of the device.
2) This means, no matter what device you are charging, your smartphone, tablet or other devices, you always get the optimum charge speed.
3) The car charger also has an inbuilt circuit protection which keeps your smartphone safe and protected.
4) A number of customers have attested to the fact that this car charger can charge their devices quickly and without any issues.
Best USB Car Chargers-Buying Guide
There are several things to consider while buying a USB car charger. These are the charging speed, total output power, safety features and warranty.
The first thing you need to check is the charge speed. It is the time it takes to charge your phone or tablet from zero to one hundred percent. The best USB car chargers come with a maximum output power of 2.1 amps. This ensures that your phone or tablet charges quickly and efficiently.
Total Output Power:
The total output power of a USB car charger depends on the charging port. Most of the chargers have two ports, one is 1A and other is 2.1A. If you want to charge two devices at once, then go for a USB car charger with 2.1A ports.
The USB car charger has built-in safeguards to protect you and your devices from any kind of electrical damage. You can check for the following features in a USB car charger:
Short Circuit Protection:
It protects your device from any short circuit, which may lead to a fire or electric shock.
It prevents your device from overcharging which can be dangerous if not done properly. For example, your device might explode in extreme cases.
If your USB car charger overheats, it will automatically stop charging your device to prevent any damage or fire.
Always check for the warranty of the product before purchasing it online or offline. Look for at least one year warranty if you are buying a cheap USB car charger online, and check for two years warranty if you are buying an expensive USB car charger online or offline.
Also, check for extended warranty offered by sellers like Amazon if you are buying the product offline.
Best Car USB Chargers-FAQs
1. How many ports do I need?
Most car chargers provide only one port, but some of the new models provide one or two USB ports. If you use a lot of gadgets in your car, then a dual-USB charger would be a better choice.
2. How much power does my device need?
If your device uses 5V/2A power, then you should go for a charger that provides 2A output.
If your device has an inbuilt battery, then you can choose a charger with more than 2A output.
3. What is the difference between 2.4A and 2.4A output from a charger?
The power rating of a charger is usually listed in terms of watts. So, if you see a 2.4A charger, it means that it will provide 2.4A power to your device if the input current is 1A. 4A output would mean that you can get 4A power for every 1A of input current.
4. How many times can I charge my device?
The number of times you can charge your device depends upon whether you are using the charger or not.
If the car is idling all the time, then it will take approximately 24 hours to charge the device fully, whereas if you are using the car during charging then it will take more time to charge the device.
The charging time also depends upon the capacity of the battery in your device and the input current provided by the charger.
5. How long does it take to charge my phone when I am driving?
If you have an iPhone 5 with an 1800 mAh battery, then it will take about 3 hours to fully charge your phone when you are driving at 60 km/h speed on an expressway.
But if you are charging your phone while driving on a bumpy road, then it may take much longer to charge your phone fully. So, it’s better to charge your phone before starting your journey.
6. How do I choose between 2-port and 3-port chargers?
If you are going to use only one USB port at a time, then a 2-port charger would be sufficient for charging your devices while driving in your car.
But if you want to charge multiple devices at once, then you should go for a 3-port USB car charger instead of a 2-port one.
7. Do I need to worry about overcharging my device?
No, you don’t have to worry about overcharging because all good quality car chargers have overcharging protection circuits built-in which prevent overheating and overcharging of the connected device(s).
So, if your car charger doesn’t have an overcharging protection circuit built-in, then you should replace it with another one immediately.
8. Should I worry about overloading my car circuit?
If you are charging more than 1 device at once from the same USB port of your car charger, then it will draw more current and may overload your circuit board if it is not designed properly or unable to handle extra current drawn by multiple devices at once.
So, try to avoid charging multiple devices at a time and go for a 3-port charger instead of a 2-port one if you need to charge multiple devices at once during a long journey or road trip in your car or truck.
9. What is voltage conversion circuitry used for?
If you are using an adapter or charger which has different voltage rating (for example 24 V ) than the voltage rating of your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket (usually 12 V ), then you should go for a car charger which has voltage conversion circuitry built-in so that you can connect both types of chargers to the same USB port in your car without worrying about voltage conversion or compatibility issues while charging your devices while driving in your car.
Some chargers also provide a surge protection feature which protects your gadgets against voltage spikes and current spikes due to heavy load like when more than 1 device is connected simultaneously which draws extra current from the charger.
10. Can I use any phone charger or only original chargers/adapters work?
If there are no compatibility issues between voltage rating and amperage rating of the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket and the adapter/charger which you are going to use in your car , then any phone charger or USB adapter/charger would work just fine in your vehicle.
You can also use dual or triple USB adapters/chargers as long as they supply enough power for all connected devices at once (no matter how many ports they have).
The above list of best USB car chargers in India is based on certain parameters such as technology, power, safety, efficiency, and many more.
It can be used to compare different models of USB car chargers in India and hence help you make a good decision. The prices listed for each product have been taken from reputed e-commerce websites in India and are therefore genuine.
The reviews and buyer’s guide in this article have been written by experts and hence are very trustworthy. If you need more information on any specific model of USB car charger in India then do not hesitate to contact us.