Welcome to my article Best 8mm Film Digital Converter!
The 8mm film overwhelmed the second half of the century. It was your go-to standard organization and answer for novices, family motion pictures, and independent producers.
Be that as it may, as innovation moved forward the 8mm film was left in the container of history, abandoning a tremendous measure of film jobs needing digitization before the rot of time rendered them unwatchable and futile.
While changing over the 8mm movies, there are various techniques through which you can accomplish the transformation.
These techniques are the white card strategy where pictures are anticipated onto the white card by the projector, the film move box technique, where a calculated mirror inside a crate is the place the pictures are anticipated lastly film checking utilizing completely mechanized gadgets to digitize the reels.
The computerized gadgets/hardware is normally the most direct approach to execute a consistent exchange from an 8mm movie to advanced.
There are numerous choices of digital gadgets accessible in the market, and underneath we take a gander at a portion of the ones that you could decide on.
If you end up in a place of expecting to change over 8mm film to advanced Digital video/picture records – which can be inconclusively put away, edited, and saw – you will locate this short guide supportively.
Types of 8mm Film
Standard 8 –
It is launched 10 years before World War II, the 8mm film developed as a monetary and suitable option in contrast to the costly 16mm film.
The measures allude to the width of the film strip that is utilized to record a movie or is being taken care of to the projector.
Double 8 –
It is viably a 16mm film, however, containing double the punctures on the edge of the strip contrasted with standard 16mm film.
Super 8 –
It is launched in 1965, the Super 8 offered a genuinely necessary better update than the standard 8mm and was broadly received and advocated as your beginner film-production resource.
Single 8 –
An option in contrast to Super 8, the Single 8 was presented by Fuji. It is essentially a Super 8, with a similar picture lucidity, however, contained inside an edit tape. Furthermore, the Single 8 tape holds one spool over the other spool, not at all like with the co-hub design of the Kodak’s Super 8.
There were extra sorts like the Straight 8 and Ultraman 8 however were considerably less predominant and toward the finish of the 8mm life cycle. The greatest contrast inside the 8mm film strip position stayed between Standard 8 and Super 8.
Recognizing the Difference Between Single 8 and Super 8
While both film strips are 8mm wide, you can without much of a stretch recognize the distinction initially:
- Super 8 has a lot bigger edges than the Standard 8.
- Super 8 has smaller sprocket openings for the feeder.
- The sprocket gaps on the Super 8 are lined up with the center of the edges, while with the Standard 8 they are put between each edge.
Here’s The List of The Best 8mm Film To Digital Converter
|1. Wolverine Super 8 MM Film Converter|
|2. Wolverine F2D Mighty 7-in-1Digital Converter|
|3. KODAK SCANIA Digital Film and Slide Scanner|
|4. Wolverine Titan 8-in-1 High-Resolution Film to Digital Converter|
|5. Magnasonic All-in-One Film to Digital Converter|
|6. Wolverine MM100PRO 8mm & Super 8 Reels to Digital MovieMaker Pro|
Wolverine Super 8 MM Film Converter
In the event that you are on a tight spending plan, the Wolverine digitizer is perhaps the best gadget you can settle on as it can make a superior quality film with a most extreme resolution of 960 X 720 dpi at 30 casings for each second. It is furnished with a 3.53MP 1/3″ CMOS sensor that changes over photons to electrons, and it is versatile for either 3 inch or 5-inch reels.
The Wolverine digitizer gives users the perfect display control as you can select to set the controls physically or consequently. When the handling has started, your recording is put away onto a memory card (32 GB) where it is spared until you are prepared to see it or move it. The digitizer accompanies a USB 2.0 port for interfacing it to PC just as a TV-Out port and link to display your recordings on your TV.
- The video quality is really amazing
- The digitizer turns itself off naturally should it distinguish a reel jam. This is extraordinary as it keeps your valuable reels from getting harmed
- It is very reasonable
- Users need to constantly modify the color immersion on the gadget as the yellow tones in the Wolverine are extremely articulated
- The video change can infrequently get nervous as the film spools immediately when the film flexibly turns forward
- If the 8mm movies have a few joins, users should consistently screen Wolverine to keep the grafts from getting made up for lost time. This can be colossally inconveniencing
Wolverine F2D Mighty 7-in-1Digital Converter
Color screen from which you can see your digitized film. The digitizer encourages the change of your 8mm film to 20 megapixels advanced pictures/film. Much the same as the recently checked on Wolverine, your recording is put away onto an SD card or the gadgets inward memory until you are prepared to see or edit. It is additionally conceivable to change the introduction and color balance naturally or physically relying upon your inclination.
- The F2D is outfitted with slide embeds that encourage the change making it simple to finish the activity snappier
- The F2D is exceptionally simple to utilize and perfect for beginners who have no past involvement in films/reels
- It’s good with both working frameworks (Mac and Windows)
- users can still filter Super 8 film outlines and with appropriate editing and re-amassing transform them into a movie
- The change over yield quality isn’t the best. A few users have griped that they encountered conflicting color quality, and their advanced film seemed grainy on certain events.
KODAK SCANIA Digital Film and Slide Scanner
A portion of the key features of the Kodak Scanza incorporates an inclining 3.5″ LCD, SD card opening close by video out, HDMI, and USB network. With a solitary press activity process, this is apparently perhaps the most effortless digitizer you can settle on. users can change the brilliance, display, and color quality by performing modifications on the red, green, and blue levels. While the output quality on this gadget isn’t the most noticeably awful, it could utilize some improvement. We likewise didn’t welcome the way that recording in different organizations, for example, TIFFs or DNG couldn’t be acknowledged on the Kodak Scanza.
- The exhibition of the Scanza is truly outstanding as it changes over your movies into advanced pictures incredibly quickly.
- You can edit the recording on the gadget
- The changed over film isn’t as sharp as we have seen with different gadgets. In any case, it is conceivable to address this with some editing
- You can just change over your recording to the Jpeg group
- The Kodak Scanza in some cases crops pictures and users don’t have a possibility for filtering medium arrangement
Wolverine Titan 8-in-1 High-Resolution Film to Digital Converter
With a screen bigger than most digitizers, the Wolverine Titan is another great 8mm film converter that bolsters the change of 8 diverse film types including the 8mm film other than 35mm, 110, 127, 126 and APS group films. It conveys high resolution (5472 x 3648 pixels) changes in only 3 seconds which is one of the quickest in this segment. The Titan utilizes speed-load connectors that guarantee smooth and quick examination after which it spares the recording in JPEG configuration to either a discretionary SD/SDHC memory card or the gadget’s inner memory. The Wolverine titan digitizer is additionally outfitted with an HDMI TV yield and smaller than usual USB space. The transformation happens because of the LED backdrop illumination single activity rapidly.
- Digitizing films in only 3 seconds, the Titan It is incredibly quick in contrast with its rivals
- Its 4.3″ color LCD screen is one of the bigger ones in the market and makes it advantageous and simple to see and edit film on the gadget
- Easy to use
- The color balance on the Titan is fairly needed as it gets misshapen with darker film and is greatly improved for the sufficiently bright film
Magnasonic All-in-One Film to Digital Converter
The Magnasonic has a 2.4 inch LCD screen and it accompanies a Video-Out TV link. It has an SD card space development with the goal that you can hold progressively advanced pictures.
In the wake of examining, stacking, and sparing, you can have advanced pictures in under 5 seconds.
You can alter the photograph immediately utilizing its fitting and-play interface, and you don’t have to utilize programming or introduce a different driver. There are pre-introduced film profiles, which takes out the requirement for altering programming.
It can digitize still shots of Super 8 movies. The yield is in high-goal 22MP JPEG records.
- One of the qualities of the Magnasonic is its 128 MB work in memory, which implies it can store a bigger number of pictures than different scanners. This is likewise an extraordinary gadget since you can alter the photographs straight away without the requirement for altering programming
- The color editing feature doesn’t function admirably for some photographs, so you may even now need to utilize a photograph altering programming for them
Wolverine MM100PRO 8mm & Super 8 Reels to Digital MovieMaker Pro
Wolverine 8mm and Super 8 Reels to Digital MovieMaker PRO is a fully automated apparatus to digitize 8 and Super 8 movie Reels.
It performance frame by frame digitalization for high-quality digital conversion. This is an all-in-one machine which not requires any computer, software, or drivers for the conversion.
It scans and directly saves digital movies into SD/SDHC cards (32GB max). This machine converts 8mm and Super 8 movies into 1080P jpeg-4 (MP4) digital video files.
The best thing about this digital converter is it is compatible with all windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Compatible with all windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- All-in-One Machine
- Scans and directly saves digital movies into SD/SDHC cards.
- It is not having built in memory
Wolverine Super 8 film scanners or 8mm film converters are both used to change over expert transformation 8 mm film converters give users check resolutions running from SD (480 lines), HD (1080 lines), 2K (1556 lines) and 4k (3112 lines).
The fundamental obstacle to getting proficient 8 mm film converters is the expense so select according to your requirement.