The trend of barbecuing has taken over and every household now looks forward to preparing a hearty meal with their families.
If you are a part of this trend, then you are aware of the importance of a proper charcoal grill. Moreover, searching for the best one can be a challenging task too, but reduce the hassle by checking out this article!
In this article, we have lined out the best charcoal grills accompanied by a buying guide that helps you in finding the best products, their advantages, how to use them, and much more.
Go through the portion of frequently asked questions and find out answers to some common queries. Have a look now!
Here’s A List Of The Best Charcoal Grills
|1. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill|
|2. Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker|
|3. Cuisinart Portable Charcoal Grill CCG190RB|
|4. Char-Griller E06614 Charcoal Grill|
|5. BEAU JARDIN Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor|
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
This Weber original kettle charcoal grill comes with a built-in lid thermometer and rust-resistant aluminum dampers. One of the best charcoal grills, this model comes with a one-touch cleaning system and a high-capacity ash catcher. These services make it easy for doing hassle-free ash cleanup. This product is available in black, copper, and green.
The charcoal grill offers a porcelain enameled lid and bowl to retain heat, which won’t lead to rusting or peeling the debris off. To provide comfortability and reliability, Weber has managed to provide a hinged lid and cooking grate to avoid the hassle with the placement of utensils.
- Proper cooking space with oiriginal kettle grill
- Easy to clean and light weight body
- Better cooking grates and bottom vents
- Retaining heat and good quality charcoal grill smoker
- No stainless steel body
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
In this rundown of the best charcoal grills, this Royal Gourmet’s model has a special service. It comes with a charcoal removal and ashes pan to manage charcoal and dumping of ashes easily.
The services offered by the charcoal grill consists of an offset smoker combination to use dual style barbecue, whereas, it can also be used as a small grill.
The charcoal grill consists of a smoke stack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, seamless connection, access door on the side to tend charcoal, side air vent, and wheels to manage to transport.
The dimensions of the grill measure as 55.1 inches height x 48.4 inches width x 27.2 inches length. For this purchase, you will a 30 inch BBQ charcoal grill and an offset smoker. Also, it is available in two styles, grill with a smoker, and grill smoker with smoking chips.
- Proper cooking surface with portable grill grates
- Top charcoal grill with design features
- Reasonable price
- High temperature and best overall control airflow
- Cooking area with warming rack
- Cart style charcoal grill
Cuisinart Portable Charcoal Grill CCG190RB
Cuisinart’s charcoal grills are considered as one of the best charcoal grills in the USA. This 150 square inch charcoal grill has a chrome-plated cooking rack offering a spacious cooking surface to accommodate and place the food items properly. Along with this feature, the model comes with a dual venting system to manage the temperature control and allow equal heat across the food.
The charcoal grill comes with three secure lid locks for proper portability of items and planning a quick trip.
The dimensions of the charcoal grills have a dimension of almost 14.5 x 14.5 x 15 inches with a weight of 2 lbs. It also features a durable enamel coated firebox along with a free ash catcher to enhance safety and cleanliness. Also, it is available in two colors, black and red.
- Perfect iron grates with a warming rack
- Ash bucket for easy cleaning
- Proper charcoal grilling with a wide cooking surface
- Complete control over indirect heat
- Grill takes almost 15 minutes
- Charcoal tray, no stainless steel, and grill marks
Char-Griller E06614 Charcoal Grill
Char-Griller’s charcoal grill is a 153 square inch primary cooking area with cast iron grates.
It comes with a Kamado style grill to enhance the proper spreading of heat and flavor. To promote cleanliness and less hassle, the model also comes with an easy dump ash pan and no ignition system. Apart from these services, the grill also has top and bottom air dampers to manage and put accurate temperature settings.
The charcoal grill is much more durable and affordable than ceramic grills. The unique settings will offer you more grilling with less charcoal to maximize the trapped heat.
The charcoal grill also includes different features like dual air-flow dampers, hinged locking lid, heat gauge, and triple wall steel with insulation. It is available in five colors, red, black, orange, ash, and sapphire blue.
- Proper cooking space with indirect cooking and steel grates
- Try different cooking methods and grilling experience using charcoal
- No need of heavy duty charcoal grill or expensive grills
- Great choice and better control for easy access, high temperatures, and cooking tests
- Keep extra side shelves and side tables on either side for bigger cooking space
- No digital charcoal, bottom vent, and cast iron grate
BEAU JARDIN Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor
To get the best charcoal grills for your home, BEAU JARDIN is one of the best choices for it. This portable charcoal grill comes with a kettle grill, two bowl handles, and durable wheels for outdoor camping. The charcoal grill equips with perfect heat control and retention with an adjustable aluminum air vent damper. The two handles make it easy for carrying it and adjusting charcoal.
With this model of the charcoal grill from BEAU JARDIN will make it easier for you to use and clean.
With the proper structure and easy to assemble figures, you won’t face any issue in managing it. It also equips with a thick grilling bowl and lid along with a porcelain enameled coating to provide proper heat across the food. To add a smoky flavor to your food, adjust air vent dampers and grill as per your requirement.
- Grills come with lid hook and wide variety of adjustable charcoal tray
- Big enough charcoal pan with sturdy enough body
- Slow smoking and control heat settings
- Better for charcoal barbecue grill
How To Find The Best Charcoal Grills
Before finding the best charcoal grills, analyze what size will be perfect for your dinner time and adventures. A size will be responsible for several factors, such as, the size will determine your budget and other accessories. Secondly, the size of the charcoal grill will be dependent on the outdoor space’s area. A confined area will demand a small size, whereas, with enough space, you can buy a larger one with extra accessories too.
Apart from budget and space issues, the feeding quantity and cooking plan also plays an important role in deciding the charcoal grill’s size.
If you plan to cook and barbecue on a daily basis, then a large size would be perfect as it will cook all the food in one try. However, if barbecuing is a leisure activity for you, don’t invite extra hassle in your life, instead, buy a small one to carry it around easily without worrying about its storage.
Shape and Size
The classic charcoal grills are available in round shapes, which are commonly used and sold. The different shapes of grills are responsible for determining heat spread by the coals and their position.
It allows you to place the coal on the bottom side, below the grate, which introduces a cooking surface around the outer edge. Along with round-shaped charcoal grills, the market also equips with rectangular shaped grills, offering small and large capacity. However, large charcoal grills are widely preferred as it provides more space while appearing as a small gas grill. The familiarity with these technologies makes it easy for people to use it.
Along with different shapes, charcoal grills also come with different styles too. Some traditional models come with a huge barrel version, which has a traditional setup of settings.
In contrast, some people commonly prefer a kettle model due to the easy user interface and better facilities. However, if you want a contemporary look, then a bulky model of the charcoal grill with a similar look to the gas unit would be a perfect choice.
With new innovations for a better cooking experience, the cooking industry has welcomed numerous changes in every appliance. Now, you can choose the type of charcoal grill according to your requirement, such as, for cooking a quick dinner and some snacks, you can settle for a normal and basic model without investing in something fancy.
The market consists of several basic charcoal grills, which are not expensive yet will work properly. However, if you want to use the charcoal grill for smoking, search for more insulated models., which can help you in managing the temperature settings for a longer period.
Price would be one of the major components to consider while buying the best charcoal grills. With a set amount of budget, you can easily choose the settings necessary for your regular cooking plans.
Your budget or price of the charcoal grill would mainly influence what size, style, or settings you can get for the charcoal grill. These models are available at super cheap costs and highly expensive models too. Compare size, style, shape, company, and other factors to properly understand and decide the budget.
Most of the people don’t consider air vents as a significant factor while buying a charcoal grill. The availability of several air vents will introduce a big difference for people who are new to barbecuing. If you want to maintain the temperature at a certain level, you need to keep the vents closed without the interference of any outside element.
Similarly, if the temperature is too low, you can open up these vents to allow some oxygen for increasing the fire. These are a couple of examples, which helps in understanding the necessity and role of air vents. A number of vents will give you great control over managing the heat level.
How To Use A Charcoal Grill
- While setting up a charcoal grill, pick a charcoal type depending upon your cooking plans. If you are looking for an inexpensive and easily light one, then traditional briquettes will be a perfect choice. However, if you strive for smoky and intense flavors, then select hardwood charcoal or lump charcoal.
- Before working on the charcoal grill, you need to work on different parts of it. For instance, open up vents to maintain the amount of oxygen while using fire. Vents play an important role in managing the cooking temperature, so while cooking open up wider vents for hotter flames and small vents to maintain cooler cooking temperature.
- The next step includes the process of the charcoal chimney. The cooking should be started with a charcoal chimney, so you won’t need any lighter fluid. To light it properly, stuff a newspaper around a space near the wire rack and fill the chimney with charcoal Complete this process by removing the top grate from the grill and placing the chimney inside to light the newspaper. Once the process is complete, keep the charcoal for almost 5-10 minutes, until they turn into white-gray ash.
- Now, remove the top grate from the charcoal grill and hold the chimney by handles to pour charcoal into the grill. Perform this task wearing necessary safety items and gloves. To keep your food sticking to the grill, you can spread a paper towel over the grate.
How To Clean A Charcoal Grill
- There are several ways to clean a charcoal grill and luckily, you won’t require any fancy or special tools to clean a charcoal grill. You can use a ball up of sturdy aluminum foil and forcefully scrub on the grilling grates. This will remove leftover debris stuck on the grill’s bottom and you can empty the ash catcher to get a clean look. Before cooking any meal, make sure you always check for leftover debris and start preparing the food after removing it.
- Most people still refer to a traditional way of cleaning the charcoal grill, which consists of hot water, dish detergent, and an eraser sponger. Eraser sponger is commonly suggested as it has a proper surface to make things shiny and clean. So, prepare the detergent mixture and dip the sponge into the solution to scrub the surface of grates. Once you complete scrubbing, use a wet and soapy towel to remove rest of the dirt from the grill.
- Apart from the traditional formats, you can also try an easier method, such as a battery-operated grill cleaner. Now, clean your charcoal grill with a simple touch, as these cleaners consists of different settings and cleaning times. Set the cleaning time from 10 minutes speed clean to 30 minutes of deep clean, and when the buzzer goes off, you can check the cleanliness.
- If you are more into a deep cleaning process, then follow a heavy-duty process of removing ashes from the grill and ash catcher, which is to be followed by spraying oven cleaner on the inside portion and grates. After this process, use a solution of dish detergent water with a paper towel to clean the surface of the grills. After applying on inside and outside portions of the grill, clean each section with clean water.
Why Buy A Charcoal Grill
- One of the common reasons why people prefer a charcoal grill is that it is significantly less expensive than others. The easy availability of these grills makes it easier for people to buy and use.
- Unlike other grills, this charcoal grill offers proper heat without the presence of flaring open flames, which can be commonly observed in other gas grills. However, it doesn’t mean that they are safer than others, but their performance is preferred more.
- Charcoal grills are portable too. If you are planning a small trip or excursion, taking a charcoal grill to your little farmhouse would be a good idea. You can easily set it up and cherish its use.
- Apart from these technical benefits of a charcoal grill, people prefer to buy it to taste the smoky flavor engulfed with their food. The heat and flames from the charcoal grill make it easier to try barbecue with a restaurant-like taste.
Best Charcoal Grills: FAQ
Q: Can I put a charcoal grill inside?
A: No, a charcoal grill with a lid should never be used inside.
Q: Can I use a charcoal grill inside?
A: No, a charcoal grill with a lid should never be used inside.
Q: If I use a charcoal grill inside, will it release carbon monoxide?
A: Yes, a charcoal grill with a lid will release carbon monoxide.
Q: How long will it take to cook food on a charcoal grill?
A: It will take the same amount of time to cook food on a charcoal grill as it will on a gas grill.
This article featured necessary information about the best charcoal grills in the USA. We covered essential details about a buying guide, other requirements while buying a charcoal grill, a rundown of the best charcoal grills, and frequently asked questions.
Go through this content to properly analyze your requirements and make a sound decision in buying the best product for fulfilling your cooking desires.
If you have any queries related to the best charcoal grills, contact us and we will help you in every aspect. Analyze the content and go through the buying guide for these purposes. Reach out to us and we will get back to you shortly!